Single lausitz - Web dating Nyborg
The crucifix is the only piece of inventory in the church, which is preserved from the original layout at the inauguration in 1428.
In 1659 the city was captured by the Swedes and relieved by an expeditionary fleet sent by the Dutch, then Denmark's allies, commanded by admiral De Ruyter.
Each was placed near an important body of water - in Nyborg's case, the Great Belt (Storebælt).
This change boosted the population of Nyborg Municipality from around 18,000 to 31,009.
Nyborg was first mentioned in 1193 in the history of Denmark as Nyborg Castle, which still exists today, but the town itself was not mentioned before the year 1202.
Nyborg church - or Church of Our Lady, which is the real name - was built between 1388–1428 and was dedicated to Jesus' mother, Mary, on the opening during Pentecost 1428.
The church has two organs: the large main organ, built in 1973 by organ builder Poul-Gerhard Andersen and the choir organ from 1830, also called Demant organ after the builder, PUF Demant.